Sunday 11 May 2014

Education is the key

The text called education is the key shows to me how the education that we are receiving is very different that the education that we need. There are three thing that he says andthese things shock me a lot:




  • All I’m saying is that if there was a family tree, hard work and education would be related, but school would probably be a distant cousin. If education is the key, then school is the lock. Because it really ever develops your mind to the point where it can perceive red as green and continue to go when someone else said stop, because as long as you follow the rules and pass the exams, you’re cool. But are you aware that examiners have a checklist? And if your answer is something outside of the box, the automatic response is a cross, and then they claim that school expands your horizons and your visions. Well, tell that to Malcolm X, who dropped out of school and is world renowned for what he learned in a prison.” I really like this paragraph because he shows the reality in the school, we should accept that in the school we don't learn a lot of thing because, for example, the students only prepare his exams the day before and when they finish the exam they don't remember anything about what they have studied. In my point of view, I agree with that the school is like a colander than only allows to pass the people who can follow the rules that the school put.
  • Education is about inspiring ones mind not just filling their head”. That quote was inspiring to me because I began to think that every year in the school if I want to pass an exam I only have to fill my brain with some information and then I only have to regurgitate all the information in the exam. I think that this quote show how the batchillerat is not a good preparation for the university because during the two years of batxillerat the most part of the teachers only teach to us the content that enter in selectivitat.
  • Redefine, how you view education. Understand its true meaning. Education is not just about regurgitating facts from a book on someone else’s opinion on a subject to pass an exam. Look at it, Picasso was educated in creating art; Shakespeare was educated in the art of [word] that was written. Colonel Harland Sanders was educated in the art of creating Kentucky Fried Chicken.” I think that it have to be a very important aim for our society to change the education system, Probably if we change the way how we educate the population will can pass the crisis. I think that the first thing that we should change in our education system is the non written rule that the student only have to study the day before the exams because I think that if the students learn to sacrifice and try to understand every day a part of the lesson they will be better students.

No comments:

Post a Comment